0

File Transer Protocol (FTP)

Posted by colzz on 4:42 PM in
[Screencapture from ftp://recall.curtin.edu.au 7 March 2009]

Where would the internet be without File Transer Protocol (FTP). Transfering files is the corner-stone of the internet and has made it easy to move documents and files around for work for example, or for uploading all those family photos and videos, but has also spawned millions of internet users who download/upload files that are perhaps not quite legal.

This task was quite easy for me. I'm a bit of a download junky, so using FTP is second nature.

I'd already had a go at FTP when I got my letter from Curtin Uni with all my student details, which included my own webspace on the Curtin network (http://www.student.curtin.edu.au/~14411447).

I used an FTP client called "Core FTP" that was mentioned on the Oasis help page (Oasis Help - How to access your files off campus (using FTP) - http://oasis.curtin.edu.au/help/student/ftp.cfm 7 March 2009)

This time I decided to skip all that and just FTP through my browser.

I typed "ftp://recall.curtin.edu.au/" into the addressbar of my browser and went from there.

The instructions were a little vague "Find the file called README". I had to search through all the sub folders until I found the readme.txt file.

CAPITALIZATION MATTERS!


References:


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Net11 Studies - colzz blogg